Rewarding and innovative careers
If you would enjoy working in an environment where innovation and personal development are encouraged and rewarded and you have the drive to go the extra mile to deliver more than the average service to your customers, then please contact us on 0345 634 9500 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Trident provides a diverse and fun environment where our people can learn, develop and express themselves. Our Fylde Coast based head office is located close to the M55 motorway and incorporates a 2000 SQ Ft quirky ‘innovation space’, which has been specifically designed to encourage free-thinking, inter-departmental co-operation and problem-solving as well being somewhere to simply take time out and relax. We aim to remain one step ahead of our competitors and to deliver absolute service excellence to our customers and so if you are looking for a change in direction and you are up for the challenge, then please get in touch.
Head of Technical Service
Reports To: Managing Director
Department: Senior Leadership Team
Location: Trident House, Blackpool with frequent travel
Here at Trident our purpose is Making Energy Simple and that’s where you come in as Head of Technical Services. Your role will be to adopt this purpose and set the strategic direction and focus for Trident to provide our customers with innovative solutions that align their sustainability and energy efficiency goals to business objectives.
The role holder will take responsibility for setting the strategic direction of the Technical Services function, collaborating with our engineering, sales and service teams to create compelling energy, sustainability and net zero propositions.
With a growing focus on Net Zero and a requirement to take our Technical Services function to its next phase of growth, your role as Head of Technical Services will be to drive business growth, add a commercial focus to the propositions and lead the existing team forward. It is expected that the successful candidate will complete a resource review and prepare a people plan to deliver our growth ambitions.
We want to hear from candidates that possess the same ambition to deliver clear value propositions and technical solutions for our customers.
The opportunity to join a growing energy consultancy with strong values and a clear purpose. The working environment encourages collaboration so that we can create innovative solutions for our customers. 360o Energy Experts is a culture and vision for the business. Every person strives to be an expert at what they do and by working together we can provide a complete energy solution experience for our customers.
Supported by our 360o Promise, you will work with colleagues who make a commitment to working collaboratively with you to solve your customers problems, reveal new opportunities and deliver the highest quality customer service.
- As a member of Trident’s senior leadership team, you will set out the strategic direction for the Technical Solutions function
- Produce 3-year growth plan for the function, including resource requirements and budgets to deliver against the overall Trident plan
- Increase Trident brand awareness across corporate market sectors
- Regular attendance at industry networking events
- Develop point of sale materials to show case Trident energy solutions road map
- Contribute thought leadership content for use internally and via external facing platforms such as our website and editorials
- Define the Technical Services and Net Zero proposition for bespoke and scale based customer sectors
- Create relationships with potential new customers, understand their energy landscape and present Trident solutions
- Present service propositions, lead tender responses, negotiate and close sales
- Support the Sales and Account Management Teams by upskilling team members and cross selling solutions to existing customers
- Provide inspiring leadership across the technical teams and supporting teams
- Effective 1-2-1s
Reporting to the Managing Director
Member of the Senior Management Team
Interaction & Manage Board Relationships (3 business partners)
Develop relationships with new and existing customers – be personally involved in the management of strategic customer delivery
Budgets to be agreed as part of the business plan delivery
Key Performance Areas
See key responsibilities
Job Specific Benefits
- Car allowance
- Mobile Phone – Iphone XR
- Bonus/Commission scheme
- A minimum of 10 years senior experience in a technical solution sales and/or service delivery role
- Formal technical qualification combined with the above experience
- Demonstrable ability to create compelling energy & technical services propositions
- Subject matter expert comfortable presenting to prospective customers and industry forums
- Passionate about the latest technologies and data analytics driving sustainability, energy efficiency and net zero solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An enthusiastic networker and team player
- Commercially astute with a track record delivering to growth targets
- Previous experience working in energy consultancy, energy management or energy retail business
Team Trident – We value our collective strength and are supportive of each other. We celebrate success and take pride in our achievements.
Move Mountains – We want to put a smile on our customers face and we will move mountains to deliver a service that exceeds expectations.
Collaborative Creativity – We will continually seek to develop new and innovative ideas for energy cost and consumption reduction through close interdepartmental cooperation and customer collaboration.
Straight & Long – We’re not in it for the short term, so we play it straight with our customers even if that means we lose business to those who don’t. We want to develop long term relationships built on honesty and trust.
Make Waves – We want to make waves within our sector and leave others in our wake by consistently challenging the status quo.
Own It – We take responsibility when things go wrong and we don’t seek to shift the blame. If we fail to deliver or get it wrong, then we’ll go out of our way to fix the problem.
For more information please contact careers email@example.com
Business Sales Executive - Sales Team
Ready for a new challenge? Or the next chapter in your career? need to up your game? Or in need of a change? Now’s the time to join an experienced and passionate team of corporate telesales professionals in the Energy sector.
A chance to enter into an exciting Industry sector that is big, important, sustainable and offers a wealth of opportunity.
If you want a team leader who is a true people manager and invests in the team to develop their skills and earning potential for the future, look no further. Experienced, professional as well as motivational and results-focused, they will create an environment where you feel valued and rewarded.
You will be working closely with experienced and knowledgeable sales consultants, and Account Managers who truly care about delivering exceptional service to our customers.
Proven experience in B2B telesales and a successful track record, will see the top candidates secure substantial income with uncapped commissions and great future prospects.
- Qualify prospects by establishing energy spend levels and decision-makers
- To arrange initial and subsequent meetings for the sales team, promoting Trident and our product offering
- Identify customer needs and recognize opportunities to upsell/cross-sell and promote additional products.
- To ensure appointments are made of high quality and meet the standard required
- To consistently achieve daily, weekly and monthly targets
- To encourage team motivation and play an active role in achieving team targets
- Highlight opportunities for business development and research
- Capture and record information of prospects using websites, cold calling and any other appropriate methods
- To ensure CRM is updated accurately
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent written verbal and communication skills
- Have a positive and tenacious attitude
- Strong commercial awareness
- Be able to actively listen
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Good IT Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- First-rate interpersonal skills
Trident provides a diverse and fun environment where our people can learn, develop and express themselves.
Our Company staff day out is legendary as are our two Xmas parties. Trident genuinely cares about the well-being of our staff and strive to create a positive and fun environment for all.
For more information please contact careers firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Manager - Energy Procurement Team
This role involves building relationships and providing delivery of services to large multi-commodity corporate clients in the UK by providing high-quality service and reporting thereof, resulting in a high level of client retention, together with increasing the average revenue per client through cross-selling of Trident Utilities Ltd’s full product range.
- Meeting KPI’s, retention, revenue, up-selling, and client issues
- Responsible to interface directly with large, sometimes multi-site, clients at board room level
- Responsible to liaise directly with utility suppliers on behalf of Trident clients
- Co-ordinate multi-commodity, corporate clients implementation and ongoing requirements
- Co-ordinate and deliver strategic interaction and required reporting for multi-commodity corporate clients
- Responsible for negotiation and implementation of clients’ annual energy contracts, both flexible and fixed price
Internal responsibilities include
- Support other teams/divisions in contact/visiting Clients such as Technical Team (surveys) and Sales
- Ability to articulate client requirement for functional team delivery and resolution
- Responsible for quality level of service to clients
- Experience at dealing with client requirements
- Charismatic, energetic and reassuring with presence
- Ideally with either consultancy or in house supplier experience
- Exemplary communication skills at all levels of businesses – verbal and written, both internally and externally
- Commercial, risk management and negotiation skills
- Energy market knowledge
- Problem ownership skills
- Willingness to travel
For more information please contact email@example.com
What our clients think
We’ve been incredibly impressed with the service from Trident. We’ve had an on-going issue with a shipper-less gas supply, dating back 8 years. Suzanne not only got the gas supply registered within months but also negotiated a saving in excess of £80k with the gas supplier to waiver gas consumed in that time. They have far surpassed our expectations with their efficiency, effectiveness and positive can-do attitude and we’d have no hesitation in recommending Trident’s services.Sandra Paradise - Service Charge Accountant -
Delivery of our service relies on our closely knit team of industry experts. Each team member has specialised expertise in their field, and our team is structured to ensure close working relationships and sharing of ideas. The result is that we are able to optimise all areas of your utility expenditure, providing you with our fully integrated Trident 360° Service.
Get To Know Team Trident
Energy after Brexit – Energy Supply smells a bit fishy
The EU and the UK have now reached agreement on a new trading partnership which commenced on January 1. But is it a good deal and how does it directly affect energy supplies between the EU and the UK?
CCA Deadline Extension
The Government recently published their response to the consultation document Climate Change Agreements: proposal for scheme extension and views on reforms for any future scheme, published in April 2020.